BALTIMORE AREA COUNCIL
Boy Scouts of America
Trainer's EDGE® Development Conference
Saturday, February 1, 2014
Required training for NYLT and Wood Badge Staffs
The Trainer's EDGE®, replaces the Trainer Development Conference (BSA 500) as the required train-the-trainer course for Wood Badge and NYLT staffs. Only practice can polish skills, and this course is intended to “train the trainer” on behaviors and resources while offering hands-on experience in methods and media.
Pre-course Preparation: You must prepare a 10-12 minute presentation on a topic from any BSA material. Your presentation should allow you to demonstrate the skills of a trainer. You will receive constructive feedback on your presentation from the other participants.
Who Should Attend?
- Youth trainers for NYLT, Venturing, Order of the Arrow, and summer camp staff. (Must be at least 14 )
- Pack Trainers and Den Chiefs, Current or new District trainers in Cub Scouts,
- Boy Scouts, Varsity and Venturing
- Council trainers for NYLT, Youth Protection, University of Scouting and POW WOW
- Commissioners – All Unit, District, ADC and Roundtable
- ANYONE in scouting who is interested and wants to learn to communicate ideas better!
When: Saturday February 1, 2014; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (check-in starts at 8:30 am)
Where: Harbor Hospital, 3001 Hanover Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
Cost: $20.00 – Includes continental breakfast, beverages, lunch and course materials
Need more information? Have any questions?
Joe Greenbeck, 2014 Conference Director
Phone: 443-803-4775 / Email: email@example.com