United Way Pledge...and help Scouting grow!
Designate $250 and score this nifty, neat, cool Official
5 positive, proactive ways you can help Scouts thru
- Designate…Please write in Baltimore Area Council Boy Scouts of America Codes 043 Private and 33972 for Federal (CFC) when considering your
- Publicize…Clip and post the front page of this Area Scouter at work
- Share…Email fellow employees and friends as you see fit (download at www.baltimorebsa.org)
- Invite…us to conduct a BSA campaign in your workplace Email CWetzel@baltimorebsa.org ?
- Visit…Scout Camp with your fellow employees. We can help organize a tour and meal with the Scouts at Broad Creek... CWetzel@baltimorebsa.org
Our allocation from the United Way of Central Maryland has been eliminated completely and the program support provided just four years ago has shrunk from $436,000 down to $0. In 2007, the United Way changed their funding model to foundation-style grants allocating approximately $4,000,000 to charities across the Central Maryland region leaving many not-for-profits under-funded or not funded at all.
Please consider designating your 2010 United Way gift to the Baltimore Area Council, Boy Scouts of America or if you are able, consider redirecting your gift directly to the council and avoid the handling fee of 5%, up to $500. We are especially grateful to those who designate their United Way gift to Scouting. This makes your designated or outright gift critical to our success. If you already made your gift this year, all you need to do is contact the United Way at www.uwcm.org or 410-547-8000 and ask for your gift to be re-allocated to the Boy Scouts.
Thank you again for your kindness and generosity.
Contact Denise Shoemaker -
firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-573-2500
Private Sector Campaign Code remains 043
State and Baltimore City Employee Campaign Code remains 33972