Scouts, as you work on your rank advancement that require merit badges you will need to work with a registered merit badge counselor. So what is the recommended process for you to complete a merit badges?
Recommended Merit Badge Process
1. The Scout indicates an interest and discusses it with his unit leader (Scoutmaster).
2. The unit leader signs a blue card and provides the Scout with at least one counselor contact.
3. The Scout contacts the counselor.
4. The Scout, his buddy, and the counselor meet (often several times).
5. The Scout completes the requirements.
6. The counselor approves completion.
7. The Scout returns the signed blue card to his unit leader, who signs the applicant record section of the blue card.
8. The unit leader gives the Scout the applicant record.
9. The unit reports the merit badge to the council.
10. The Scout receives his merit badge.
Scouts, you will find a link to the BSA National webpage listing the current merit badges offered and their requirements in the resource links section of this page.