Online registration is open for individuals, groups, and sponsors.
Can't Make it?
Consider a donation to support the event.
Ready to Register? Click HERE then click Register at bottom of this page.
When: Thursday, November 3, 2016
Location: B&O Railroad Museum, 901 Pratt St., Baltimore, MD 21223
2016 GOE Brochure: Download the printable brochure
Cyber Security Panel: 5:15 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Distinguished Eagles’ Nest Reception (VIP):
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.*
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for networking
Program starts: 7:30 p.m.
*Distinguished Eagle Scouts and VIP only
Suggested Attire: Business Casual
A Note from the Chairman:
“The Eagle Scout rank represents hard work, strength of character, persistence, and service to community and nation. These qualities go beyond our youth to become lifelong traits positively influencing others in business, military and community service.
Please join our Gathering of Eagles to celebrate and honor some individuals that demonstrate these values every day.”
A. Christopher Burton
Eagle Scout, Class of 1980
Event Chair, 2016 Maryland Gathering of Eagles
VP - Electric Distribution, BGE
Mr. Norman R. Augustine
Distinguished Eagle Scout (2009)
Retired CEO, Lockheed Martin
National President, Boy Scouts of America (1994-1996)
Undersecretary of the Army (1975-1977)
Goals of the Event:
* Increase awareness to the large number of Eagle Scouts that reside in Maryland
* An environment for networking and fellowship for Eagle Scouts and Friends of Eagle Scouts
* Provide recognition awards for Eagles and Friends of Eagles
* Raise funds to give back to Scouting and the Eagle Scout journey
"There is no finer program for preparing American boys for citizenship and leadership than the Boy Scouts of America."
U.S. Secretary of Defense (2006 - 2011)
35th National President, Boy Scouts of America (2014-2016)
Some Eagle Scout Statistics:
* 60,000 Scouts become Eagle Scouts each year
* Since 1912, 2.4 million Boy Scouts become Eagle Scouts
* Only seven percent (7%) of Boy Scouts reach the Eagle Scout rank
* Eagle Scouts are 15-17 years old at time of award
â (Eagle Scout rank must be awarded prior to age 18)
* Each year, 13.5 Million hours are reported on Eagle Scout Service Projects
(service project is required to attain the Eagle rank)
The Baltimore Area Council (BAC)
* The BAC produces about 500 Eagle Scouts each year
(In 2015 the BAC awarded 534 Eagle Scout ranks)
* Average age for earning the Eagle Scout rank is 16
* Within a 50-mile radius of BAC headquarters in Baltimore City, more than 6,600 professionals
in LinkedIn have “Eagle Scout” included in their profile
(Over 9,300 within a 75-mile radius and over 12,000 within 100-miles)
A. Christopher Burton — Vice President, BGE
Chris Inglis — Cyber Security Program, U.S. Naval Academy
Stephen Woerner — President & COO, BGE
Bruce McMillin — Senior Vice President, CNA Engineers
Steve Edwards — Founder, Edwards Performance Solutions
Pete Tridone — Director of Sales, McCormick
Lou Noppenberger — Administrative Vice President, M&T Bank
Chris Sherman — Senior Vice President, SP Plus
Daniel Lentz — Partner, Ernst & Young
David Hodnett — Private Client Services, Brown Advisory
Jim Olson — Program Director, Maxim Healthcare Services
Matthew Dodd — Vice President, T. Rowe Price
Mike Roedel — Supervisor, BGE
Phil Bildstein — Captain, Baltimore City Fire Department
Brad Burton — Support Planner, Maller Wealth Advisors
Brian Brooke — NESA Chair, Baltimore Area Council, BSA