Carroll District - Baltimore Area Council
Welcome. This is the home page for Maryland's Carroll District of the Boy Scouts of America.
Updates can be sent to the webmaster
Current & Important
- Prohibition on Use of Pre-2005 Manufactured 15-Passenger vans
- Revised Youth and Adult Applications (includes changes for Scouting participants over 18 but not yet 21)
- Scouting for Food - Bag Pickup - March 28, 2015
- Life to Eagle - March 28, 2015 Church of the Ascension, Westminster [Registration]
- Tiger Fun Day - April 12, 2015 1-5pm American Legion Hall, Sykesville. Registration
- April Roundtable - Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at the Ag Center in Westminster, MD
- District Pinewood Derby - April 25, 2015 - Ag Center, Westminster
- Webelos Woods, May 1-3, 2015, Reese Volunteer Fire Co, Westminster
- Fundraiser for Jeff Sheidy, May 22, 2015
- Cub Scout Day Camp - "CSI" - June 22-26, 2015 Registration
- District News
- District Nominating Committee
- Carroll Scouter of the Year 2015 [Nomination Form] [Previous Scouters of the Year (.xls)] Nominations due by 4/14/15
- District Award of Merit 2015 [Nomination Form] [Previous Award of Merit Recipients] Nominations due by 4/14/15
- 2015 District Calendar (PDF) District events through December 2015
- Carroll District Email Blasts!
- Webelos Woods - "Survivor" Theme - May 1-3, 2015 [Registration]
Tribal Council would like to extend an invite to current Bears & Webelos 1 Scouts to attend on May 1 to 3, 2015 @ Reese Fire Department Carnival Grounds.
Cost for Webelos and Parents is $12.00 per person due by April 19th, 2015.
Webelos will be cooking as a Tribe (patrol) and participate as a Tribe in Survivor type Scout Activities and Skills.
How well can you a build Fire? Are you up to the challenge of lashing together your own shelter? Come out and see how well you Survive Webelos Woods.
If you have any questions please email them to Robert Kirby @ email@example.com.
- DISTRICT NOMINATING COMMITTEE
Each year, per our Council Bylaws, the Carroll District convenes a Nominating Committee to make recommendations and select the leadership of our district for the coming year (May 2015 to May 2016). The Nominating Committee is responsible for selecting District Chair,
Vice-Chair (s), and Members-At-Large. This committee also recommends to the Council Executive Board a District Commissioner candidate. If you would like to make a nomination, please send the information in writing/ email to:
Carroll District Nominating Committee
c/o Ron McKinney, Secretary
701 Wyman Park Drive
Baltimore, Maryland 21211
The Carroll District Annual Business Meeting will be: Tuesday, May 5, 2015
PNC Training Building 118 E. Main St; Westminster, MD 7pm
- Fundraiser for Jeff Sheidy *** RESCHEDULED *** for Saturday, May 9, 8am-11am [Flyer]
We have rescheduled the Pancake Benefit for former Troop 582 Assistant Scout Master Jeff Sheidy, who was badly hurt in a one car accident, leaving him paralyzed from his neck down. Jeff had just started a new job and was not covered by medical insurance through his new work place, leaving him without health insurance at the time. Jeff spent a long time in the hospital and has accumulated large medical bills.
We were to originally hold the pancake breakfast at Applebee's on Feb 22 however due to one of our winter storms we were forced to postpone the event. We are fortunate to have our Charter organization offer the use of their Church and kitchen to hold rescheduled breakfast. We will honor all of the tickets sold and will be selling additional tickets.
The new date is set for Saturday, May 9, 2015 from 8am -11am we will have an expanded menu to include pancakes, sausage, eggs, and drinks. and possibly more. The new location is St Luke's Lutheran Church, Route 75 New Windsor MD 21776.
The cost of tickets is still set at $7 for adults and $4.50 for kids 10 and under
Ticket information and tickets will be available at Carroll County BSA Round tables and through troop 582 scouts.
- Mike Arndt 443 791 5261 Basset1557@gmail.com
- John French 301 674 6598 French288@comcast.net
- Carroll District Email Blasts!
Hello Carroll District Scouters & Parents!!!
Are you interested in finding out more regarding Scout activities in Carroll County? Do you feel as though you have been missing out of the latest in Scouting? If so, here is a great way to stay informed of all the scouting news via the Carroll District email blast.
Create profile using this link - www.baltimorebsa.org/carroll/elists.
If you have used the Doubleknot system previously to register for an event you would have created a profile at that time and it (your email) would already be listed in our system. If not, go in create the profile and then you are all set to receive the eblast emails. Do it today and don't miss out on any of the latest Scouting News!