Carroll District - Baltimore Area Council
Welcome. This is the home page for Maryland's Carroll District of the Boy Scouts of America.
Updates can be sent to the webmaster
Current & Important
- University of Scouting March 14 @ Carroll Community College - Sign up by March 1 for $35 with lunch.
- Carroll District Camp Card Pickup Opportunity
Currently the next scheduled pickups will be on March 3 at the District Meeting, PNC Training Center, 118 East Main Street, Westminister, 7:00 - 8:00 PM and March 10 at Roundtable at the Ag Center. We will also try to find an earlier pick up time depending on schedule availability and weather.
Cards are packed 180 to a box this year (9 packs of 20)
- March Roundtable - Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at the Ag Center in Westminster, MD
Camp Card pickup
February Roundtable News
- Carroll Scouter of the Year 2015 [Nomination Form] [Previous Scouters of the Year (.xls)]
Nominations due by 4/14/15
- District Award of Merit 2015 [Nomination Form] [Previous Award of Merit Recipients] Nominations due by 4/14/15
- Scouting for Food - March 21 and 28, 2015
- Tiger Fun Day - April 12, 2015 1-5pm American Legion Hall, Sykesville. Registration
- Life to Eagle - March 28, 2015 Church of the Ascension, Westminster [Registration]
- District Pinewood Derby - April 25, 2015
- Cub Scout Day Camp - June 22-26, 2015 Registration
- Fundraiser for Jeff Sheidy **** POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER ****[Flyer]
You are invited to an Applebee's Flapjack Fundraiser Breakfast, to support Troop 582's former ASM Jeff Sheidy who is paralyzed from a single vehicle accident. The family needs your help to pay medical bills. All purchased tickets will be honored at the make up date that is to be determined. Any questions should be directed to Mike Arndt (Troop 582 SM) 443-791-5261
- 2015 Carroll District Swim Program
Scouts–--Interested in earning Swimming or Lifesaving Merit Badge, completing the Swimming requirements for 1st & 2nd class, or need to learn to swim? Webelos—Interested in earning the Aquanaut Activity Badge and/or the Swimming Belt Loop? The Carroll District Swim Program is now taking reservations so please sign up now. Everyone must register in advance. Slots are limited so it will be first come. The program is being held at the McDaniel College pool in Westminster, most Saturdays from 3:30 PM through 5:45 PM. The Scout program begin on January 10, 2015 and ends on February 28, 2015 and the cost is $25. The Webelos program begins on Feb 22, 2015 and ends on March 7, 2015 and the cost is $5.
For additional information and to sign up on line, go to the internet links listed below:
Boy Scout registration
Webelos registration **Webelos registration is open until 2/15**
If you have additional questions or problems registering, email Jack Lusby at email@example.com or call him at 410-274-4382.
- 2015 District Calendar (PDF) District events through December 2015
- Carroll District Email Blasts!
Hello Carroll District Scouters & Parents!!!
Are you interested in finding out more regarding Scout activities in Carroll County? Do you feel as though you have been missing out of the latest in Scouting? If so, here is a great way to stay informed of all the scouting news via the Carroll District email blast.
Create profile using this link - www.baltimorebsa.org/carroll/elists.
If you have used the Doubleknot system previously to register for an event you would have created a profile at that time and it (your email) would already be listed in our system. If not, go in create the profile and then you are all set to receive the eblast emails. Do it today and don't miss out on any of the latest Scouting News!