Get ready! The 2013 Jamboree is coming, and it ain't your father's Jamboree. We're talking serious high adventure, people! Whitewater rafting, rappelling, mountain biking, hiking, and more - with 50,000 of your closest friends at the brand new Summit Bechtel Reserve in the wilds of West Virginia.
Please visit http://www.bsajamboree.org for more information and to begin signing up for the greatest Scouting experience of your life!
Once you have completed your application, please submit your signed application along with a $100 deposit made payable to "BAC/BSA" and send to:
Baltimore Area Council, BSA
Attn: Jim Barton
701 Wyman Park Drive
Baltimore, MD 21211
The Summit will feature 6 HIGH ADVENTURE CAMPS
1 - BMX & Skateboarding
2 - Mountain Biking
3 - Zip Lines & Challenge Courses - 6 MILES of Zip Lines!
4 - Climbing
5 - Shooting Sports - 13 ACRES of Shooting!
6 - Aquatics - including Whitewater Rafting!
- Boy Scouts must be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree, or an 11 year old that has graduated the 6th grade, but has not reached his 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Venturers are encouraged to attend the 2013 National Jamboree as a part of the Baltimore Contingent. Venturers must have graduated the 8th grade or be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree, but not have reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Adults who are willing to apply to serve as unit leadership* - please click here for a PDF application
What: 2013 National Scout Jamboree
Where: Summit Bechtel Reserve at the New River Gorge. WV
When: July 15 -24, 2013
- $1,400 per scout or venturer
- Some Scholarships are available, but you need to sign up for the Jamboree now!
- $850 Unit Leaders*
- Fees include all food, activities, equipment, transportation to and from the Summit on motorcoach buses, and a shakedown weekend in May, 2013
* Adult leadership is limited and selected through an application and interview process.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to be placed on the distribution list.
Meet the 2013 Jamboree Baltimore Contingent Leadership